Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
The award-winning company Baratza made our first choice for Best Coffee Grinders for AeroPress, the Encore. This unit is made for hobbyist baristas who want complete control of the brewing process, with 40 settings allowing you to optimize your grind to your exact specifications.
The Baratza Encore is the best electric coffee grinder for AeroPress and a worthy investment for any coffee lover. It is also the best option if you make more than one cup of coffee for yourself or someone else each day, or if you want to change your coffee routine and prepare it with different methods. Where a manual grinder may need trial and error to find the correct grind size, the Baratza takes the guesswork out of the process and comes with 40 different grind settings on its strawberries. Changing the size of the grind is as simple as rotating the top chamber, which clicks between levels, and the feed can be operated with a pulse or an on / off switch. And while the hopper can hold 10 ounces of whole coffee beans, useful for high-volume brews like automatic drip machines, it’s small in size for an electric grinder and takes up minimal counter space.
The Baratza Encore is an everyday workhorse that will give you consistent grinds quickly and quietly. And that too at a reasonable price. The Baratza Encore can produce uniform grinds with 40 different settings, ranging from super fine to coarse. For an Aeropress, it will most likely be between a middle and an end, which is where the Baratza Encore shines. While more expensive mills may offer more consistent coarse grinds, the benefits of a finer grind are much less noticeable. Despite the many configurations, the product is also easy to use, with a simple interface that includes a set button, a pulse button, and a simple on / off switch. Quality construction ties it all together. Baratza is known for its high-end parts, which are imported from Europe according to the best industry standards.
It is very expensive for a coffee bean grinder, much more expensive than even some high-end brew systems. You have to be very serious about your coffee to seriously pay for this option. For those who fall into this category, the Encore’s uncompromising quality, encased in a robust and compact frame, will be a compelling choice.
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder for Aeropress
- [ Built-in Adjustable Grind Selector ] Equipped with over 18 manual grind settings to ensures you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind making for the perfect cup of coffee to start your day.
- [ Convenient, Portable & Easy to Use ] Removable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% the noise that an electric coffee bean grinder would produce. No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your coffee burr grinder at home or on the go.
- [ A Fresh Ground Cup to Start Your Day ] JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder dispenses your fresh coffee grounds ready to brew - feel the coffee beans grind as you mill them the manual way! Smell the fresh aroma of your daily coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, Aeropress, French Press or Pour Over Coffee Maker. Ground, Brew, and Enjoy!
Just like AeroPress is an affordable way to make a cup of coffee, this JavaPresse is also an inexpensive $ 24 coffee grinder. Also, if you value the portability of the AeroPress, the JavaPresse is a natural companion with its compact 7.5-inch height. and its minimum weight of 9.4 ounces. This coffee grinder is manually operated by turning a crank and has 18 different grind settings that can be selected on a dial on the ceramic conical grinder. And compared to electric grinders, the JavaPresse is up to 90% quieter, so you won’t risk waking up your roommates or camp neighbors. The JavaPresse is clad in a durable brushed stainless steel that won’t scream out the coffee grinder if left on the counter. But thanks to its size, it can be easily stored out of sight in a drawer. Among the 5,000+ Amazon reviews, many fans praise JavaPresse’s ability to grind excellent espresso-sized beans.
The JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder can be a great option for users who are looking for the Best Coffee Grinders for AeroPress. This is in large part because the shredder actually fits into the AeroPress tube, making it super portable and great for travel. It has 18 different settings to give you precise control over your routine and a clean stainless steel design that will complement the decor scheme of most modern kitchens.
It’s an affordable tool too – a breath of fresh air for buyers who were surprised at the price of the last unit we reviewed. Certainly, in exchange for this low price, JavaPresse has some drawbacks. This is a hand tool, which means you have to do all the polishing yourself. Some baristas prefer hand tools because they feel more connected to the process. However, it is undeniable that they also require more effort.
JavaPresse is also a bit difficult to clean, thanks to its very narrow design. Aside from these items, this is a great option for buyers who want a manual grinder.
Porlex Mini Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
- Ceramic conical burrs with wide range can grind from powder to french press
- 20 gram capacity
- 47 mm diameter and stands 130 mm tall
The Porlex Mini is one of the essential manual grinding wheels. Its sleek design and stainless steel body match the Aeropress in both design and function. It has been updated several times in recent years and appears to have a much more solid construction from a structural point of view. At just 130mm tall and 47mm in diameter, this little stem can travel anywhere. It goes particularly well with the Aeropress as it fits perfectly inside the Aeropress, making packing for travel a breeze.
The Porlex Stainless Steel Mini Coffee Grinder is a manual coffee grinder that is compact enough to be easily stored at the end of a brewing session or even to take on a trip. It can handle coarse to fine grinds, making it versatile enough to meet the needs of most users. However, despite the solid construction of the shredder body, there is a durability issue. The handle itself is oversized, which is good for ease of use, but it also seems to make it vulnerable. It loosens very easily, promoting a feeling of fragility.
For many people, the Porlex Mini is the grinder of choice for manual burrs. The stainless steel body and sleek design allow it to match the Aeropress in function and design. In recent years, the design has undergone several updates, which have left it with greater structural integrity. The stainless steel body construction prevents the Porlex from being knocked around in your kitchen.
Because it is so durable, this grinder is ideal for people going camping or needing their coffee on a business trip. Traveling is always easier with a coffee grinder. This grinder can handle coarse to fine ranges, which means it can take both espresso beans and espresso beans. However, due to its small size, it can only brew a cup or two of coffee.
1Zpresso Q2 Manual Coffee Grinder
- ☕SAVE SPACE - Goodbye bulky machine! The Q grinder only takes up little space(4.6x13.8 cm), under 400g wright, small than a can of soft drink! Making it comfortable to grip and easy to grind. Just at the right size for you to pack in your bag, even fits perfectly in the plunger of your AeroPress.
- ☕SMALL but PREMIUM - Fixed with dual bearing and triaxial design, increased stability for better consistency of the grind. Over 60 clicks for the general setting. Grinding coffee no longer has to equate to hassle, having a fun time while traveling or camping!
- ☕DISASSEMBLED STRUCTURE - Simply unscrew for a general cleaning. Easy apart off cleaning thoroughly without any tool. With assemble properly, you don't even need to recalibrate again.
The Q2 is designed to be a tough, portable, and powerful manual coffee grinder. Its stainless steel structure is far more durable than cheaper ones, which are frequently composed of glass or contain low-cost plastic elements. The handle of the Q2 is detachable, enhancing the portability of this 5.5-inch-long, 2-inch-diameter beauty.
This hand coffee grinder is built to last, and it meets the high standards that AeroPress fans have come to expect from all of their gear. For a hand grinder, the Q2’s 60+ grind settings provide tremendous versatility. In fact, that’s more than some low-to-mid-range electric grinders offer.
When it comes to hand grinders, comfort is key, and the Q2’s ball handle is one of the most comfortable you’ll find. This is a feature you will appreciate if you plan on preparing more than one cup of coffee at a time. The Q2 is not designed for great capacity, as are most hand grinders. In a single pass, you’ll only be able to grind enough coffee for 1–2 cups. But for most Aeropress users, that should suffice. If you need more, an electric grinder would be a good option.
The 1Zpresso Q2 Manual Grinder is ideal for Aeropress fans who enjoy grinding by hand. It’s a little gadget that’s perfect for coffee aficionados seeking for a portable grinder. Despite the fact that it is a low-cost choice, the maker has not compromised the product’s quality. Because of the triaxial burr design, each grind provides uniform particle sizes.
Hario Skerton Pro Ceramic Manual Coffee Grinder
- The Skerton Pro retains the shape of Hario's classic Skerton design, while adding some sleek, modern lines
- Ceramic conical burrs ensure a precise, uniform grind
- New burr design with simpler grind adjustment mechanism
The Skerton Pro is designed to be a travel grinder with a large capacity (100 grams). The Skerton pro is definitely the appropriate grinder for you if you want to take your grinder with you but can’t handle the tiny capacity of ordinary hand grinders.
The Skerton Pro has a remarkably small design for its size, and the detachable handle adds to its portability. The Pro isn’t Hario’s first manual grinder, but it is the most powerful and durable to yet. You could easily make this your full-time grinder thanks to the enormous capacity and high-quality ceramic conical burrs.
Breville BCG820BSS Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power: 165 Watts
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
Although the AeroPress is not a smart coffee maker, it may be used in conjunction with the Smart Grinder Pro. Despite its name, this isn’t a connected (smart) appliance, but the sleek display certainly gives it the appearance of one. More significantly, the LCD panel makes it simple to see the number of cups or shots you’ve chosen, as well as the grind size and duration settings. For most AeroPress customers, the Breville’s 60 grind size settings are more than adequate. Some of these settings, as well as the small and big portafilter cradles that come with the Smart Grinder, can be useful for espresso enthusiasts.
The hopper of the Breville contains 18 ounces of beans, which is ample for even the most dedicated AeroPress user. Breville colors their grounds bin and hopper for added light protection, and the grounds bin features an airtight cover that keeps the grounds fresher for longer than virtually any other grounds bin I’ve seen.
With the Smart Grinder, you won’t have to worry about quality. This machine is engineered to produce a professional-grade, uniform grind, from its stainless-steel conical burrs to its sturdy internal parts.